BL Companies has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to work out of our Norwood, MA office, providing design services for MASSDOT. This position will entail working with design engineers, utility companies, MASSDOT personnel, and various project stakeholders to bring projects from conceptual design through construction.As a growing office, this role has an exceptional potential to develop into a senior level position through the execution of project work. BL is a 100% employee owned company with excellent benefits.
The Project Engineer will assist senior staff and serve as a technical resource.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide production, estimating, and specifications per MassDOT standards
- Provide load ratings for, but not limited to MassDOT.
- Provide bridge design calculations
The following experience is preferred, but not required given an appropriate candidate
- 2-5 yrs of experience with a bridge design and plan preparation for bridge projects funded by MASSDOT.
- Experience with CAD and Civil3D
- MassDOT Load Rating experience preferred.
- Ability to estimate structure and minor roadway items.
At BL Companies, we are a team-oriented, 100% employee-owned company that continually strives for excellence in providing integrated architectural, engineering, land surveying and environmental professional services. All our employee owners have a definite stake in what we do and how we do it, and each member of our staff benefits directly—financially and professionally—from their own hard work. For more information and to view our highly-competitive employee benefit package please visit our website. www.blcompanies.com.
BL Companies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.