BL Companies is an ENR Top 500 consulting firm with immediate career opportunities available for dynamic, qualified Project Engineers in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
PROJECT ENGINEER: Individual with 2-7 years’ experience in land development, concept plan preparation, site design, stormwater management, and erosion and sediment control design. Responsibilities include; performing the production of basic to complex levels of civil design for site, grading, utility, storm drainage plans and related tasks. Knowledge of CAD and excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Utilize StormCAD, HydroCAD, Hydraflow and/or StreamStats to develop models to support stormwater calculations in accordance with local and State stormwater regulations.
- Layout sites to meet local zoning requirements.
- Grade sites and perform earthwork calculations.
- Coordinate with Architectural team to layout utility systems to support proposed buildings.
- Prepare and design of plans and technical reports to acquire permits.
- Research permit requirements.
BSCE - Required, EIT Required, PE - Preferred
STAFF ENGINEER: Individual should have 0-3 years’ experience in civil engineering. Experience with land development, site design and stormwater management and erosion and sediment control design. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil3D and excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience with CAD and Civil3D
- Research permit requirements and local regulations.
- Coordinate with project team across multiple offices on design, permitting and construction components.
- Provide support and assist Sr team members with stormwater calculations
- Assist with preparation and design of plans and technical reports to acquire permits and permit modifications during construction.
- Knowledge of proposed and existing grades for site layout highly preferred
BSCE is required. EIT preferred.
At BL Companies, we are a team-oriented, 100% employee-owned company that continually strives for excellence in providing integrated architectural, engineering, land surveying and environmental professional services. All our employee owners have a definite stake in what we do and how we do it, and each member of our staff benefits directly—financially and professionally—from their own hard work. For more information and to view our highly-competitive employee benefit package please visit our website. www.blcompanies.com.
BL Companies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.