BL Companies is an ENR Top 500 employee-owned firm that provides engineering, architecture, land surveying, and environmental consulting services to the public and private sector. BL has eleven established offices and is expanding.
Our growth offers an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to work out of our Charlotte, NC office and grow our presence in that area. This position requires a high focus on business development, resource and workload planning and managing the successful delivery of Energy and Land Development Projects.
The selected candidate will be a licensed professional engineer, having a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the successful project management of large complex multi-disciplined projects. The candidate will also have experience with the direct management of employees including other Project Managers, and a demonstrated success in winning new business.
This position is responsible for the strategic development and overall leadership of the office. This includes the responsibility to grow the firm’s client base and staff while staying in line with our company core competencies and values. At BL Companies, we are a team-oriented, 100% employee-owned company. All our employee owners have a definite stake in what we do and how we do it, and each member of our staff benefits directly - financially and professionally - from their own hard work.
- Work closely with Sr. Management to expand the company’s footprint in the region.
- Identify business development opportunities and directs the implementation of the long-term strategic plan for the office.
- Maximize project profitability and meets billable targets.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff to support the company’s strategic growth plan.
- Execute projects to exceed client expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
- Oversee and drive all technical and design aspects or projects.
- Plan, coordinate, communicate and facilitate activities of multiple disciplines on projects of all sizes from conception through completion.
- Ensure successful completion of projects through collaboration and coordinating with internal and external clients.
- Participate in the proposal development process and contract negotiations.
- Participate in leadership development programs providing a unique opportunity to make a broad and significant contribution to BL while advancing their leadership skills.